Monday, May 27, 2013

Day 1 of bootcamp- 1 hour of butt kicking fitness..I survived YAY!!!!

I was so worried I would fall out and embarrass myself. Luckily I made it through the entire class, and as I was leaving I realized I felt like a hundred bucks, I felt accomplished for the first time in quite awhile.

I have never been someone who has made fitness in general part of my daily life. I appreciate people who are fit and healthy and even at my thinnest I can't really say I have ever been fit. Recently my age and weight have been weighing heavily (no pun intended) on my mind. Thoughts of changing my life around have started to spend more time surfacing mostly during my moments of weakness while I'm scarfing down a chocolate covered donut or a bag of dill pickle chips. The reason I have decided to make some pretty major life changes is due to the fact I'm almost 40 and my children are so young. Today was the first step in my quest to become healthy, fit and a non-smoker which has been a battle I have been fighting for years, successful for short periods of time but I have always fell prey to my fear that I cannot manage my stress without nicotine. Somehow I have married my ability to handle stressful situations with the smoking of cigarettes. Logically I know that is not the case but for some reason I just can't seem to put them down and give it up forever. For example I quit for 6 months, but I wore the patch the entire time and actually developed an allergy to it so now whenever I put a patch on I break out in a horrible rash. I own every single nicotine replacement product known to man, yet I have convinced myself that in order to quit smoking once and for all I need to be hypnotized.
I hope that my change in diet and my new found fondness of breaking a sweat will lead me to building up the confidence to stop smoking and set a better example for my children.
I plan to lose 40 lbs by the end of July, I will keep you posted on my progress and I would love to hear from any of you who are currently working towards the same goals, nothing feels as good as knowing your not in it alone :)
 
Day 1 I weigh a whopping 189..(I am 5'7 so it's not quite as bad as it sounds) haha..


I will also be adding new recipes and weight loss tips that I think you all might like. Feel free to share with me in return!!


No comments:

Post a Comment